Monday, June 9, 2008

Arena Matching Working As Intended?

Ok, so it's been a few weeks since I've posted. I've wanted to post because this topic has been frustrating me for the past three weeks, but I have been so busy that I really didn't think I would have the time to do this subject justice.

Well, ever since the last patch that supposedly fixed the arena matching system, my 2v2 team has had the great luck of being matched up against 1600-1700 rated teams when our team was at 1490-1520 rating. This was during prime time on sunday and monday nights. If I were a betting man, I would have guessed that these nights would have more than enough people playing at our rating to match us up against.

I'm also seeing a trend when I look up the armories of the teams and players we lose against. Several of them are wearing full season 3 gear to include the shoulders and weapons. I don't think that every one of the guys I see in full s3 gear bought their rating and just suck so bad that they are now in the 1500 bracket again. I think point selling is still alive and well and that the s3 geared players are suiciding their rating during the week to sell their services to help raise other players ratings. Or maybe they are just helping out guildies/friends.

Our team usually wins about six out of every ten 2v2 games we play so we are far from stellar. It's just me and a RL friend and we run 10 games with his enhancement shaman, 10 with his disc/holy priest and recently 10 with his affliction lock. So, given our sub-par experience, it really doesn't help that we've had the fun luck of being matched up against 1600-1700 rated guys and guys wearing full season 3 gear the past three weeks.

And that's all I got to say about that.

No comments: