Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Patch 2.4.2

It's late so this will be a short post, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the latest patch.

So , I log in last night on my hunter with anticipation and excitement. Because I'm saving up for my epic flying mount, I settle into my routine and start my dailies. I go to the quest giver in Shatt and grab my Multiphase Survey quest, head down to Nagrand and knock out my quest. I fly back to Shatt, go to the quest giver and turn my quest back in. There's some discussion in guild chat about certain mods not working with the new patch (big surprise there) so I chime in with a list of some of my mods that are no longer working. Back to my routine...I open up my backpack to see if I got a shiny badge of justice in my Shattered Sun supplies reward...but wait...I don't see it in my backpack. Now I'm a little mad...somehow in all the fuss in chat, I must have gotten sidetracked and accidentally deleted my shattered sun supplies quest reward! I post in guild chat about my goof only to find out that THEY TOOK AWAY MY PRECIOUS QUEST REWARD!

With the dailies out of the way, I get ready for a bit of PeeVeePee in the battlegrounds. I go grab my pvp daily quest and luckily remembered to go in and add Scare Beast back to my hot-keyed buttons. Now that it's instant cast, I will destroy those pesky feral dr00ds. I join Eye of the Storm battleground (EotS for those in the know) and was overwhelmed with joy when I see a druid running straight at me in cat form. I wait for him to get close enough to see the whites of his furry little eyes and then I let him have it!

SURPRISE #2...my Scare Beast is NOT instant cast. /sigh
Edit: 5/19/2008 - I noticed a few nights later that it was changed (after the patch) and is now instant cast.

Kids, the moral of this story is that you should read your patch notes BEFORE you head into battle. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle. G.I. JOE!

No comments: